what we do
The Boys & Girls Club is dedicated to empowering all young people to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens through academic, social and emotional support.
Our Club honors the integrity of this mission through our partnerships with parents, volunteers, educators, business and community leaders to offer the best youth development programs three to eight hours a day, five days a week, twelve months per year at low or no cost to our members and their families—a fact, that distinguishes us from other Fond du Lac youth serving programs. Ultimately, the strength of this partnership is our shared belief: that only through committed investment in young people can we ever hope to reverse the negative trends facing our community today and ensure a healthy thriving community for years to come.
As the premiere youth development organization and a community partner, the Boys & Girls Club Fond du Lac understands that education is one of the most effective interventions for improving the communities in which we serve. Since 1997, our Club has provided Fond du Lac children ages 6-18, especially those from disadvantaged circumstances, with accessible after-school educational assistance and mentorship, ensuring that every child has an opportunity to succeed.
As part of a greater social mission to positively change the lives and futures of all children, the Boys & Girls Club of Fond du Lac offers educational, social and recreational programs and activities informed by a youth development strategy that encourages a positive self-identity while fostering a sense of belonging, competence, usefulness and influence by building self-esteem and self-confidence.
Our Club offers nationally recognized programs that provide our members with the knowledge, skills and attributes they need to pursue their dreams and succeed in life. Programs run year-round during the academic school year and during the summer.
- Character and Leadership programs help our members create aspirations for the future, providing opportunities for career exploration and educational enhancement.
- Education and Career programs help youth become responsible, caring citizens and acquire skills for participating in the democratic process is the main thrust of these programs. They also develop leadership skills and provide opportunities for planning, decision-making, contributing to Club and community and celebrating our national heritage.
- Health and Life Skills programs develop our members’ capacity to engage in positive behaviors that nurture their own well-being, set personal goals and live successfully as self-sufficient adults.
- Arts programs enable youth to develop their creativity and cultural awareness through knowledge and appreciation of the visual arts, crafts, performing arts and creative writing.
- Sports, Fitness, and Recreation programs help develop fitness, a positive use of leisure time, reduction of stress, appreciation for the environment and social and interpersonal skills.
- Specialized Programs initiatives focus on meeting the significant and specific needs identified within Boys & Girls Clubs. Their broad scope complements several or all of our core program areas.